John Carmack wrote:

The patent system is broken, and does not foster innovation...

Yeah, pretty much. Richard Stallman isn't very wrong with his views on patents I think. It's also looking like patents are economically damaging. Still, it's nice when they actually work- protect a little guy from a big megacorp; but usually it's the other way around.

Still, it's worth doing the odd patent search, mainly to watch your back I think. There are some good ideas in the database, and most of them have expired...

John Carmack

--
-Ian

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the workers to gather wood,
divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery