On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

>Mark Miller: I like your #2 direction a lot. If it were feasible to require that host objects not even use [[Class]] "Object", I'd be in favor. However, I'm guessing that would differ too greatly from current browser behavior to have a chance.

That’s what I thought until I probed around a few DOM objects in IE and Firefox and didn’t see any [object “Object”]’s. We probably need the browser experts to tells whether or not it is common practice to use [[Class]]==”Object” for host objects but a casual inspection looked promising.

I actually see IE6 and 7 having "Object" for most of the host methods' [[Class]]'es. I couldn't find any "Object" [[Class]] nether in FF nor in Gecko. Both, Opera (9.61) and Chrome (1.x) return "Object" for `Element.prototype`

[...]

--
Juriy Zaytsev