From: Juriy Zaytsev [mailto:kan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:12 PM
To: Allen Wirfs-Brock
Cc: Mark S. Miller; Brendan Eich; Mark Miller; es-discuss
Subject: Re: [[Class]] and host objects

On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

>Mark Miller: I like your #2 direction a lot. If it were feasible to require
>that host objects not even use [[Class]] "Object", I'd be in favor. However,
>I'm guessing that would differ too greatly from current browser behavior to
>have a chance.

That's what I thought until I probed around a few DOM objects in IE and Firefox
and didn't see any [object "Object"]'s.  We probably need the browser experts
to tells whether or not it is common practice to use [[Class]]=="Object" for
host objects but a casual inspection looked promising.

I actually see IE6 and 7 having "Object" for most of the host methods'
[[Class]]'es. I couldn't find any "Object" [[Class]] nether in FF nor in Gecko.
Both, Opera (9.61) and Chrome (1.x) return "Object" for `Element.prototype`

[...]

--
Juriy Zaytsev