On May 16, 2010, at 1:36 PM, David Herman wrote:

Along these lines of imports, a regex would allow partial imports.

I'm a little hesitant on this idea; on the one hand it's nice that we already have literal support for regexps, so it's not a huge conceptual or syntactic overhead.

RegExp literal expressions evaluate to mutable object values, per ES5 and reality (ES3 got this wrong, making an object per literal lexeme -- not per evaluated expression).

Modules are static. Do we really want to drag in some of the runtime (RegExps) just to filter imports? This seems not only like over- design, but also the wrong design.