>> libraries should generally be very widely used and very stable before they
>> are added to the ES standard library.
>
> That would seem like an unfair penalty. Am I to infer classes-as-sugar OS
> preferred because it _can't_ be implemented as a library (despite being a
> more experimental approach, and at odds with existing OOP libraries)?

No. But keep in mind that nobody's "denying" anyone of the traits library. Go
to http://traitsjs.org and use it today! :)

IOW, I think it's better to focus on the things that can't otherwise be done in
user code. Blessing certain existing libraries with possibly-more-performant
C++ implementations is not a good use of committee resources, and it's a bad
way to release and rev software since it's so much more encumbered by process.

Dave