Ah - that's much more elegant.  Let me see if I can describe better though.

I want to keep my library in source form as separate modules (one module per
file, probably).  I'll do development and testing that way.  But I want to
distribute my library as a single file.  Presumably I'll need some tool to
"bundle" all of the component modules together.  I'm just trying to get a
mental picture of what such a tool would have to do.  It seems like we'd
need to rewrite the module declarations (i.e. module b = "b.js";) but to
what?  Or would we?

Kevin