>> I'm not sure what Array.prototype methods would or wouldn't work on
>> instances of SubArray.
>
> All of them.  They are all generic.

We're speaking too broadly here. It depends on what we want to work how. For
example, .map can't magically know how to produce a SubArray as its result if
that's how SubArray wants it to work. But what I'm actually more concerned
about is the behavior of .length. Does the <| semantics make .length work
automagically the way it does for ordinary Array instances?

> However, subarray instances have all the internal state and methods that make
> them true arrays so even if some of the inherited Array methods weren't
> generic they would still work.

Including .length (which isn't a method, but YKWIM)?

Dave