On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:16 PM, Mikeal Rogers wrote:

>> Ok, my b.s. detector is going off. You used "actors" in the first para about
>> Node, but Node is JS and JS (or Mikeal's favorite subset used in Node
>> built-in and approved libraries) is not an Actor language.
>
> My ability to dictate style in core is close to zero, if I could we wouldn't
> be running jslint in strict Crockie mode on every checkin.
>
> The only person who can dictate anything in node is Ryan, I just happen to
> agree with his decisions and priorities on using new language features.

Sorry, my parenthetical aside was naming you on account of this tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/mikeal/status/109740555025661954

I kid (mostly; also Ryan is BDFL). But back to the main topic: proxies don't
affect JS's execution model.

Proxies do affect whether you can reason about objects by assuming no JS code
runs in a meta-level trap backstage of an on-stage base-level semantic
operation such as o.p or 'p' in o. Getters and setters already crossed a bridge
or two here, but proxies up the ante. Again this has nothing to do with
execution model, preemption, data races.