2011/10/31 Maxime Chevalier-Boisvert <maximechevali...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I recently presented a paper about Tachyon, a research (meta-circular)
> JavaScript VM implementation at DLS 2011. Sam Tobin-Hochstadt suggested that
> I join this list and mention our effort, to get in touch with other JS
> implementers, and perhaps get some feedback/suggestions or contributions.
> Tachyon is a JavaScript VM written in (extended) JavaScript. It uses a pure
> JIT targetting x86/x86-64. We aim to eventually support the full ES5 spec.
> We have support for most of it, but we're still missing important features
> such as a GC, floating-point support and exceptions. Tachyon's development
> is funded in part by Mozilla.

Could you explain how this differs from other meta-circular
interpreters like Narcissus?
Is it correct to say that this is not a tree-interpreter like
Narcissus, but a JavaScript to native compiler written in JS.

If it's not a tree-interpreter, then running inside a JVM that has
ephemerons doesn't help you on the GC front?  Does the native code
generated fit within the NaCL alignment restrictions?

When you say you don't have exceptions, does that mean you lack
anything related to protected regions?  try...finally