I guess that's perhaps what people are more familiar with, but I don't
think the term "meta-circular" should be limited to interpreters. I was
using it in the same way as the Klein project (SELF in SELF) did. Perhaps
the term "self-hosted" is more descriptive. The goal is for Tachyon to
compile itself, and to eventually use Tachyon for the development of
Tachyon, with the aim of simplifying the design, and perhaps eventually
have Tachyon optimize itself. At the very least, I've found that this is a
good case of "eating your own dog food". It has certainly helped me better
understand the JS semantics.

- Maxime