On 17.11.2011 15:57, Peter van der Zee wrote:
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Dmitry Soshnikov
<dmitry.soshni...@gmail.com>  wrote:
My first answer was glib, sorry. I'm proposing `with' as a replacement
syntax for<|. So the above expression evaluates to the same as

Once again, it's absolutely the same approach which I showed yesterday with
using `extends'
(https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2011-November/018478.html).
David is talking about the proposed<| operator, to replace that with
`with`, initializing an object with a given object as prototype. Not
extending... anything.

As well as I do.

When `extends' keyword is used in other langs for inheritance, does it extend something in respect of copying own properties? Of course not. It's just links an object with its prototype/class. Exactly for this it was reserved in ES.

`extends' is the best in respect that it's used for exactly this purpose in many other languages, and therefore, other users will fill familiar with it.

I can accept `with' for mixins as was shown in previous letter.

Dmitry.