David Herman wrote:
On Mar 21, 2012, at 3:44 PM, Luke Hoban wrote:

>  Great to see the updates.  A couple of questions:
>
>>>  import "foo.js" as Foo;
>>>  import foo from "foo.js";
[snip]
Andreas also didn't like the inversion of order. I came to this because earlier
versions of the syntax were inconsistent about whether `from` meant
the-module-itself or an-export-of-the-module, which made it even more
confusing. This new syntax was inspired by Python, but with `import` as the
leading keyword, rather than `from`. Which is what leads to the inversion of
order.

Perhaps Python has the right syntax, then?

from "foo.js" import foo;
import "foo.js" as Foo;

I'm not wed to any syntax but if the only problem is the swapping of imported export patterns and the module reference or MRL, then we could fix that just as Python did.