On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:46 AM, David Bruant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 11/06/2012 12:30, Hemanth H.M a écrit :
>> [].forEach.call(NodeList,function(elm) {}) why that? Why not treat it like
>> an [] ?
> I've written a section on MDN specifically a while ago to answer that very
> question:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/NodeList#Why_can%27t_I_use_forEach_or_map_on_a_NodeList.3F
>

> Regardless, that's not in ECMAScript's scope. ECMAScript is about the
> language (syntax, semantics, etc.), while NodeList are part of the DOM which
> can be considered as an ECMAScript library. However, of course, browsers all
> ship this "library" by default. It is however not present in server-side
> environments like Node.js.
> A longer time ago, I wrote another page to describe what "JavaScript" mean,
> because it has become an umbrella term to talk about a lot of different
> technologies:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/JavaScript_technologies_overview

Be that as it may, the intent of the new elem.find() API is to give us a chance
to fix this (among other) errors in DOM's design. Yes, it's up to DOM to fix
it, but we need ES to adopt things like Allen's Object Model Reformation to
help enable it:

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:object_model_reformation

Regards