Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I certainly learned a thing or two, but the majority opinion
and information seem to be:

- further divergence is in the cards for AS and ES

- AS and ES are already so different that, wrt input to ES development, AS has no special status over other languages (no close cousin)

- asking AS developers for input is likely to be unhelpful

- getting AS3 developers who want/have to switch to
   look at ES6 instead of ES5 is unnecessary

- AS3 developers who have switched to ES5 may not
   differ in their suggestions from other ES5 developers

- Adobe's growing HTML5/JS efforts are disconnected
   from AS evolution

Independent of all this, there is no barrier to communication
between the developers of AS3/4 and ES5/6, so if there was
useful input to be had, it could flow freely. And a few readers
here have experience from both sides.

Thanks again,
Claus

PS. I tried to keep the tool platform out of this, as it isn't
   the right list, but some replies were concerned about this
   aspect, so I'd like to mention ongoing efforts to export
   from Flash-related toolchains to HTML5/JS, including
   Adobe's Edge tool and the Flash to CreateJS export plugin:

   http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/
   http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/flash-to-html5.html

Other projects are adding JS backends or are offering conversions.