This can be handled by proxies and in fact it's something I've done with
proxies for App.js for pretty much the same scenario. A single Window
object exists for each desktop window created, but the page can be
navigated as it does in a browser, wiping out the entire context's object
graph. The proxy simply reestablishes a connection with the new JS context
upon navigating and changes targets. All the object references to objects
from the old JS context (which forms a membrane, as they are all proxies)
are neutered at the same time.

The specified proxy target doesn't correspond to the various context
globals; rather it can be used to house expando properties that may be
shown on every transitory target object.

https://github.com/appjs/appjs/blob/master/lib/window.js#L35