2012/12/14 Mark S. Miller <erig...@google.com>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
> > David Bruant wrote:
> >>
> >> location is [Unforgeable, PutForward], so it should be reflected as a
> >> non-configurable getter+setter according to WebIDL.
> [...]
> > Nevertheless, since ES5-standard reflection is new, I doubt anyone cares
> > that location appears to be a data property. It should be an accessor.
> But
> > it needs to be non-configurable, so we still have a problem -- or do we?
>
> AFAICT, a non-configurable accessor fits all the constraints.

Also, when emulating this property using a proxy, reflecting it as a
non-configurable accessor will not violate any proxy invariants, so this is
good.

However, regarding the retargetable proxy pattern put forward by Kevin and
Jason to emulate WindowProxy, that implementation cannot accurately expose
window.location as non-configurable, but would need to expose it as
configurable instead.

Cheers,
Tom