Brendan Eich-3 wrote:

> In a more serious vein, we are at cross purposes with reality. Mutable
> __proto__ just *is*. It is a de-facto standard.
>
> (...)
>
> Self had writable parent slots. One can disagree with the design
> decision, but it's not unique to JS or uniquely evil.

I'm totally after "legalizing" __proto__ (I already had few valid use cases
for that in important projects)
but maybe we should deprecate `__proto__` (being a "property" is really
problematic) and standardize `Object.setPrototypeOf`? It would make things
much cleaner and safe.

Mariusz Nowak

-----
Mariusz Nowak