On Dec 28, 2012, at 3:01 AM, Kevin Smith <khs4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm tellin' ya, no one's going to write any significant non-module code.  : )

+9001 (to quote rwaldron)

We should hold the line against any implicit opt-in beyond modules. Mark argues
that classes are coarse-grained, but they can easily be significantly
finer-grained than modules. In particular, they're an expression form and can
be used for tiny little one-offs:

    var f = new (class() { m(x) { } })();

Modules are the largest-grain code structuring form, and they are the *biggest
biggest biggest* carrot we have to offer for strict mode.

I'm fine with adding a "use strict"; pragma to classes, but it's also just as
easy to place them in a strict context, either by putting them in a module or a
strict function.

Dave