it took 8 years to teach JS developers **not** to pollute Object.prototype,
I understand your concern and I understand with the possibility to drop
enumerability that could (and will) be proposed by someone.

At the same time it will be a stubborn move aim to fix some deprecated,
old, not maintained anymore, library so ... hopefully that won't hurt much
the community.