Le 08/05/2013 16:46, Andreas Rossberg a écrit :
On 8 May 2013 17:41, Allen Wirfs-Brock <al...@wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
On May 8, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

What about your triangle argument?
There is another way:

let obj = Object.setPrototypeOf({x:0, y:0}, pointProto};

Let's keep {__proto__: foo} in the slightly  disrespectable  Annex B box.  That
keeps it together with O.p.__proto and leaves room for future, more elegant
object literal syntax extensions if we decided we really need them (and we
probably won't).
Isn't Object.create the proper alternative to both {__proto__: } and
triangle for objects? What has setPrototypeOf got to do with it? (And
why is that on the table all of a sudden?)
Object.create only creates "normal" objects, not arrays, functions, dates, etc.

David