See http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:array_fill_and_move for a
strawman proposal for two new Array methods.  These are proposed for inclusion
in ES6.

These are motivated because the current Khronos Typed Array spec. maintainers
what to make comparable operations available for TypedArrays while in ES6 we
are trying to integrate TypedArrays with Array as much as possible. If they are
going to be added for TypedArray, it is better for ES6 to added them now to
Array and make them also available on TypedArray just like we are doing with
all the other applicable Array.prototype methods.

If we don't define these in ES6, something like them is likely to show up in
browsers only for TypedArrays and whatever that is might not be designed to be
generalizable to ordinary ES Arrays.

Allen