>> Is the value of `src` a module ID or a path? How about when packages are
>> used (for bundling)? Is there a way to combine module IDs and packages?
>
> For the most part the answer to these kinds of questions is that we support
> "all of the above," but I'd like to wait just a little bit longer before
> getting into details. Right now we've been focusing on providing a complete
> base (reflective) layer via the Loader API, which is what will be in
> ECMA-262; the rest is an HTML spec. (We are thinking through what pieces are
> necessary for the <module> tag to ensure we haven't missed anything in the
> Loader API.) I'm focused on getting ES6 out the door, but the next step after
> that is to start fleshing out the <module> spec.

That makes sense. So, for starters, I’m guessing one will set up the module
loader via a <script> tag (e.g. to enable bundling).
Afterwards, the <module> tag will be used to load modules, via module IDs. Then
“src” probably isn’t a good attribute name, “id” isn’t either (clashes with DOM
terminology). “from” and “import” seem likely candidates. (Just for the sake of
an initial rough story; I do understand that it doesn’t make sense to discuss
details, yet.)

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer