>  but ES6 is a class-based language: based on our experience the majority
>> of exports going forward will be classes.
>>

> Hi John, that sounds interesting. What more can you tell us about that
> experience?

My experience also agrees with John's.  It just makes sense from a
design-perspective to organize larger code bases around noun-concepts, to
which ES6 classes are very elegantly suited.

If you feel like browsing code, these are all good examples to look at:

https://github.com/zenparsing/ziptar
https://github.com/zenparsing/moon-unit
https://github.com/zenparsing/esparse

There are modules which export functions, and modules which export classes,
but the class-modules tend to dominate the large-scale structure.

Kevin