Sorry to be dense, but I would appreciate more elaboration of this sentence:

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Axel Rauschmayer <a...@rauschma.de> wrote:

> This is a key sentence in David’s proposal: “ES6 favors the single/default
> export style,

What is the "single/default" export style?  If I understand this claim, it
says that a module will typically contain a single export statement, either
named 'default' or not. Is there any evidence to support this? Everything
I've seen contradicts this claim, assuming I understand it.

> and gives the sweetest syntax to importing the default. Importing named
> exports can and even should be slightly less concise.”

Could you please give an example? In my experience, "export default" is
rare or at least divisive since it seems stylistically incompatible with
named exports.