Le 12 sept. 2014 à 17:26, Allen Wirfs-Brock <al...@wirfs-brock.com> a écrit :

> Another possibility that we've considered is to tag non-auto-allocating
> constructors in their declaration header  For example:
>
> constructor() new {...}
>
> function foo() new {...}
>
> But, overall, we were trying to minimize syntactic embellishments and
> bikesheding opportunities.

The visual clue may be almost already there: According to the second variant,
an `extends` clause on the class indicates that there is no auto-allocation
(unless the constructor is completely left out, of course). And an absence of
`extends` indicates that there is auto-allocation in most cases; it just
remains to force to write `Base extends Function.prototype` in the rarer case
one want allocate `this` manually. — But well, it is mostly personal taste,
just like the * on generator functions.

—Claude