From: Allen Wirfs-Brock [mailto:al...@wirfs-brock.com]

> But that won't give you a real HTMLElement exotic object, if there is such a
> thing, and won't initialize it properly.
>
> But you can get around that problem if the HTMLElement constructor is defined
> appropriately using this^:

That's a good point, thanks for explaining. (I assume you mean `new^`? You keep
saying `this^` here and in other messages so I wonder if you've had a shift in
thinking.)

At this point my only real argument for implicit `this =
Object.create(new^.prototype)` is that it's what happens with function-based
inheritance. I agree with Dmitry that there probably is no good default so I
guess I just find taking cues from what functions do to be the best guidance.
But requiring explicit initialization seems fine too.