Thanks, Array and Function (as well as RegExp) actually directly specify
that calling them with and without new produces equivalent results where
`Object` doesn't and actually has a hole (in what it _may_ do to host
objects).

It's just baffling that `Object` is defined so differently. I wonder if
there are old browsers that differ on this, or there is a bigger reason for
this behaviour.