On Jun 12, 2015, at 2:47 PM, Benjamin Gruenaum wrote:

> That's good to know and it's good to know I'm not the first one to spot this.
>
> While we're visiting the spec on that:
>
> Why is it specified that "When called as a constructor it creates a new
> ordinary object. When Object is called as a function rather than as a
> constructor, it performs a type conversion." - wouldn't it make more sense to
> remove that or specify "behaves the same way"?

yes, probably

> Where is it actually explained what Object does when called as a constructor?

It doesn't because the behavior is seem in both cases.

Step 1 of http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-object-value
is looking for the case of a `super()` call from a subclass constructor.

> The difference - at least in the phrasing of Object vs Array seems to be just
> as present in the latest spec draft from what I can tell.

Yes, the Object description still contains some ancient language that  should
probably be removed in the future as it adds not (except perhaps confusion) to
the spec.

Allen