Yep, RegExp too, you are right. The only caveat that might comes to my mind
is dealing with foreigner objects ( through plugins such Java applets and
stuff ) where maybe there is a difference, but I've no memory of any sort
of real-world use case based on the fact that `new` was mandatory.

Indeed if you try even minifiers, you'll notice that code like this
```js
this.bla = new Object(parent.foreignObject);
```
will be minified as
```js
this.bla=Object(parent.foreignObject);