> I agree completely, and I fully apologize. Starting the thread this way
was inappropriate, at least without some mitigating text which I did not
think to add. I like the fact that we are all civil to each other here and
try to keep the environment welcoming and friendly. Please no one take my
message as precedent in the other direction.

I think what that HN thread is missing is that you and Kyle know each other
from before and interacted before and you knew he would not take personal
offense in it or think you don't appreciate his contribution efforts to the
standard.