On 7/23/17 1:19 AM, Alexander Craggs wrote:
I also feel that it is *impossible* for vendors to add such changes to
make error messages more useful because in the JavaScript syntax
specified ten years ago "await" didn't exist and it would just be an
unexpected string.

Just to be clear, the "unexpected string" in your testcase is the "hi", not the await keyword. Safari's error message, which I cited earlier in this thread, makes this much more clear than Chrome's.

We would have to add some new detection feature for
this newer flavour to allow better messages.

Again, no; see Firefox behavior here.

-Boris