This appears to be borderline trolling.

I can assert with confidence that ES6+ is bringing clear wins in
maintainability and developer efficiency. If your colleagues are writing
‘brittle’ code in ES6 I’d argue it’d be worse in ES5 on average.

(Also a mailing list is a great way to get FUD into a discussion without
fear of downvotes. Who knew?)

 — The Silent Majority