On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Alexander Jones
<a...@weej.com> wrote:

> This appears to be borderline trolling.

Sadly, I have to agree with that.

> I can assert with confidence that ES6+ is bringing clear wins in
> maintainability and developer efficiency. If your colleagues are
> writing ‘brittle’ code in ES6 I’d argue it’d be worse in ES5 on
> average.

And with that.

Kai Zhu, I think the problem is you see JavaScript has a scripting language
for web pages. It is not. It is a fully-fledged language for writing
full-stack applications, desktop applications, embedded applications,
tools, and more. It is evolving and will continue to evolve. TC39 ensures
-- and it's NOT easy -- that it remains backward-compatible. So as many,
many have said: If you don't like the new stuff, don't use the new stuff.
If others are using the new stuff and you're unhappy with that, I suggest
you take it up with them, not this list.

Separately: I find your repeated claim to be speaking for people other than
yourself to be...not useful. You can have your opinion. Claiming it's more
than that, however, weakens rather than strengthening your argument. (In
_my_ opinion.)

-- T.J. Crowder