I'm really not sure what "civil war" you're referring to; nor do I agree
that JavaScript is any more hated than anything else.

Plain objects don't come with JSON representations "baked in" because
functions, undefined, regexes, dates, etc all don't serialize.

Frontend development is not "alienated"; in fact, the additions made in ES6
are widely loved overall (even though there are, as with anything,
scattered complaints).