Honestly, this entire thread reads as partially misinformed,
borderline trollbait. These kinds of questions and thoughts should
really be asked directly (and a bit more respectfully) to TC39
representatives and/or put in blog posts wherever. es-discuss is
primarily about language design, and although the subject implies it's
about the language's design in the abstract, I'm not convinced the
content and responses really are.

1. Claims of a language "civil war" don't belong on this list, and are
objectively false. Yes, there's disagreement, but even TC39 members
aren't exactly in agreement here - consider the difference between
Lodash/Ecmarkdown (Domenic Denicola) and Ecmarkup (Brian Terlson).
Please take that into account.
2. Yes, there are multiple idiomatic uses of JavaScript, but it's
large enough you can carve out a subset and be done with it. You don't
like classes? Don't use them. You don't like arrow functions? Don't
use them. You don't like `array.map`? Don't use it. Just because they
exist doesn't obligate you to use them, and they don't hurt you in any
way if you don't. Also, complaints of a person's or group's choice of
idiom do *not* belong on this list whatsoever. Leave that crap to a
private message, a blog post (if it's a group), or whatever.
3. JavaScript "classes" are not technically class-based OOP, and TC39
members have acknowledged this in blog posts. It's 99% sugar over the
existing prototype-based model, just with easier native subclassing.
You could in theory replicate this in the rest of the language with a
combination of `Object.defineProperty`, `Object.setPrototypeOf`,
`new.target`, and existing ES5.
-----

Isiah Meadows
m...@isiahmeadows.com