They’re not even *objects*, let alone regular objects! :)

Making every new addition to the language be a subtype of object just
creates a worse language. Given the constraints and requirements it was the
right choice to make symbol a new primitive. Technically it “broke the
web”, like literally every new change to the language. But that’s not as
black and white as people make it out to be, by using such a catchy phrase.

typeof: officially subject to extensions.

Alex