On 07/29/2018 04:37 PM, Isiah Meadows wrote:
BTW, I came up with an alternate proposal for privacy altogether:
https://github.com/tc39/proposal-class-fields/issues/115

TL;DR: private symbols that proxies can't see and that can't be enumerated.

Aside from syntax, the main semantic difference I see between this alternative
and the main one is that this alternative defines private fields as expandos,
creating opportunities for mischief by attaching them to unexpected objects.
Aside from privacy, one of the things the private fields proposal gives you is
consistency among multiple private fields on the same object.  In the rare
cases where you don't want that, you could use weak maps.

    Waldemar