On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Michael Daumling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree that file and line information is not really sensitive
>  information.

I disagree: we have existing bugs in Mozilla about the security impact
of exposing filename information to unprivileged callers.  It's likely
that we'll be able to solve them without removing all filename
information, but it's certainly not always that case that the obvious
option (full file path) is trivially safe.  Spec text that encouraged
this behaviour would need to be clear about possible risks, I think,
even if it's ultimately left to the implementation.

Mike