Brendan,

You're beating a dead horse here.  If this call to eval is allowed, the only
reasonable answer is 21.  All that means is that you must be able to recreate
the bindings if the function uses eval.  Unless you're proposing to take
block-scoped declarations out of ES4, what's the harm with ES3.1 having a
compatible subset of them?

    Waldemar