From: Benjamin Neef
Sent: Monday, 18 September 2017 07:52
To: etherlab-users@etherlab.org
Subject: [etherlab-users] ec_e1000e not compatible with Intel I218-LM NIC

Hi,

I set up the latest stable EtherLab EtherCAT Master (branch stable-1.5 from
Mercurial-Repository) on my Lenovo X250 Laptop (one Intel I218-LM NIC) with
Debian installed (3.2.0-4-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Debian 3.2.89-2 x86_64).
When I try to use the compiled ec_e1000e kernel module (./configure
--enable-e1000e; not compiled into the kernel - kernel config set is =M) the
EtherCAT Master will not find my NIC and stucks on the dmesg message:

EtherCAT: 1 master waiting for devices.

ec_e1000e: Ethercat-capable Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - 1.5.1-k-EtherCAT

When I use the generic driver everything works fine and the Master find my NIC.
/etc/sysconfig/ethercat is configured with the right MAC address of my NIC.

I'm not sure if the I218-LM NIC is supported, but in this post it seems that it
is (http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-dev/2016/000554.html). Does
anyone have an idea?

Thank you for your help,

Benjamin.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Benjamin Neef

Technische Universität Braunschweig
Institut für Werkzeugmaschinen und Fertigungstechnik (IWF)

Nachhaltige Produktion & Life-Cycle-Engineering

Langer Kamp 19b
38106 Braunschweig

Tel.:  +49 (0) 531  391 8751
Fax:  +49 (0) 531  391 5842