Hello,

I'm trying to support Cube67 system from Murr Electronik.

My setup is a Micro5 milling machine from Mecatis. The Cube67 system is based
on a Cube67 + one Digital IO input module. This system is used to get reference
position points for the homing.

When try to communicate with this slave with the ethercat tool, I got the
following messages:

EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: Error on last command while reading from SII word 0x0400.
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: Failed to determine SII content size: Reading word offset
0x0400 failed. Assuming 64 words.

EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: PDOs configured for SM2, but slave does not provide the
sync manager information!
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: PDOs configured for SM3, but slave does not provide the
sync manager information!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: Failed to determine PDO sync manager for FMMU!

At activation, I got the following messages (I just put the initial ones):

EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x10F3:86!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:09!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0A!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0B!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0C!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0D!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0E!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:0F!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:10!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:11!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:12!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:13!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:14!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:15!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".
EtherCAT WARNING 0-7: SDO information error response while fetching SDO entry
0x1A02:16!
EtherCAT ERROR 0-7: SDO abort message 0x06090011: "Subindex does not exist".

Some notes:

  *   The system is working perfectly on TwinCAT
  *   As I got no PDOs from the ethercat tool, I coded one from the info I got
in TwinCAT

I found the info that the issue can be related to a wrong SII / EEPROM info and
tried to follow the info in the link below. Unfortunately  did not help.

  *   https://etherlab.org/en/ethercat/faq.php

So my questions are:

  *   Is the problem really due to the missing/corrupted data in the SII/EEPROM
  *   If yes, how can I check that the binary file generated with TwinCAT is
correct ?
  *   Is there other way to update the SII

Any idea, suggestion, proposition are welcome 😊.

Thanks for your support

Have a nice day
J-P