No it's not the title to a romance novel, I'm trying to set up my
linux box to two new IP's 63.229.139.217 and 63.229.139.218 I can ping
217 but not the 218. In the past we've used IP's that weren't one right
after the other, and I don't remember why.  Is there a problem with
having 1 nic card assigned 2 IP #'s that are congruent?  I'm using the
linuxconfig tool that seems to be working correctly for changing the
actual conf files but have always set up the name server info at install
in the past.  Any ideas on how to get the nic set to these two new IP
#'s?

Thanks Nss.