Christopher Allen wrote,
>> I've discovered that the number one way to prevent Netscape from crashing
>> like this is to turn off Java.  Netscape's Java implementation has serious
>> problems with stopping and restarting applets.
>Does that include javascript, too?

No...Javascript seems to work just fine.

I usually keep Javascript turned off too, though, but for a different reason:
turning off Javascripts makes those d*mn Geocities popup windows go away.
It also defangs web pages like one I ran across a couple of years ago...it
had a piece of Javascript on it that woke up when you tried to leave the
web site, and opened up two new windows showing two other web sites, each
of which had identical pieces of Javascript on them, and so on.  After a
few attempts to close windows, I had a whole stack of little baby Netscapes,
all of them simultaneously trying to load new pages.  This was on a 16-MHz
Windows 3.1 system, with a 14.4K modem...it was so bogged down that the
only way I could recover was CTRL-ALT-DEL.

              - Neil Parker, [EMAIL PROTECTED]