Ok i HAVE to relate this to you all.
local computer store I like to hang out at one day. an older man (about 50ish)
comes in. talks to my buddy Bob who runs the place.
Man: Ive got a small problem, and need my computer looked at. are you busy?
Bob: yes a bit. we have a three day turnaround currently. what can i do for
you?
Man: I was upgrading from Win98 to winXP and seem to not have something
configured correctly. i can no longer start my computer. files missing..
errors all over.
Bob: well we can certainly take a look at it for you, but it would help to
have all the software and disks.
Man: oh i expected that. i have them all in the car.
Bob: ok just bring them in. we will look and see, and call you when we know
more
(man brings in computer and all diskjs, places them on the counter)
Man: By the way. what are your standard rates for service, and do you offer
any discounts. i am a Microsoft Certified Engineer. can i get a lesser rate?

Bob and my jaws drop.