M$ certs are like proof you dont know what your doing!
cisco certs arent much better :(

Jamie
On Sunday 26 January 2003 08:01 pm, mike wrote:
: Ok i HAVE to relate this to you all.
: local computer store I like to hang out at one day. an older man (about
: 50ish) comes in. talks to my buddy Bob who runs the place.
: Man: Ive got a small problem, and need my computer looked at. are you busy?
: Bob: yes a bit. we have a three day turnaround currently. what can i do for
: you?
: Man: I was upgrading from Win98 to winXP and seem to not have something
: configured correctly. i can no longer start my computer. files missing..
: errors all over.
: Bob: well we can certainly take a look at it for you, but it would help to
: have all the software and disks.
: Man: oh i expected that. i have them all in the car.
: Bob: ok just bring them in. we will look and see, and call you when we know
: more
: (man brings in computer and all diskjs, places them on the counter)
: Man: By the way. what are your standard rates for service, and do you offer
: any discounts. i am a Microsoft Certified Engineer. can i get a lesser
: rate?
:
: Bob and my jaws drop.
:
: Eug-LUG mailing list
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: http://mailman.efn.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/eug-lug

--
MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development.