Ben Barrett wrote:

> Also, there is another project, I think it is called "lm-sensors" or
> something

I run lm_sensors on my dual Athlon box.  That box has had overheating
problems, and it's good to know how hot it is.  Yesterday, I took the
box apart and found that one of the fans had had its wire pinched in
two.  I fixed that...

When I had to patch the kernel when it was running the original RedHat 7.2,
but RedHat has incorporated a sufficiently recent version of
lm_sensors into their current 7.2 kernel (2.4.20) that it "just works"
with my motherboard (Tyan S2460).  I am still running userspace code
that I built from source, and gkrellm makes it into pretty pictures
for me.  I'm sure that if I were running RH 8.x, I wouldn't have had
to do any work.  But TiVo's tools don't support RH 8.x yet.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]