Around Wed,Jan 29 2003, at 01:52,  Ben Barrett, wrote:
> Can everyone get into the practice of checking google quickly, before
> posting?  Then you could post some links you might find there, and say
> something like "I found these, but they aren't quite what I want; I'm
> looking more for X and Y"...
Sorry for not being more clear.  I googled several sites.  Most were for
some Dos utility or Prepackaged $oftware.

I get people calling me all day long with computer problems. What I would
like is some utilities (preferably linux based), that I can take to their
computer and do some quick checks to see if the problem is Hardware or
Software related.   The client OS is anything from Win95 to WinXP Pro.   I
have Memtest-86 that dual boots on one of the linux-bbc distros.   What I
would like to do is add the Hardware test utility (if it exists) to the
other half of the bbc disk.

Roger

> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 12:26, Roger wrote:
> > So, is there any Linux based hardware diagnostic tools out there?
>From /usr/bin/fortune:
Griffin's Thought:
        When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.