echo "Using Telnet as an authentication protocol over an untrusted
network is insecure.  However using the tool '/usr/bin/telnet' is a
great way to connect one's keyboard with a tcp port on an ip address.
It is ancient as far as unix goes, but is not outdated.  I would go as
far to say that one cannot be a good network administrator without using
it on occasion.  If one is operating without it then one missing part of
one's potential.  It will become out dated only when we stop using
connection oriented, text based application protocols (http, smtp, pop3,
imap, ftp, etc..).  It can and should be used by sysadmins of all
platforms because they all use those text based protocols.  Very often
the logs just don't show enough information and you need to try it
yourself to see what is wrong." > /dev/fd0

Cory