Recently I installed RedHat 9 on my laptop.  I haven't been able to get
the wireless network card working.  (Jamie, any tips?)  During the
process I came up with a few questions...

How can I make the Gnome desktop run a little faster on my aging Pentium
233 laptop?  Or would KDE run any better?  I maybe have to switch to a
lighter window manager and those are just too slow on an older system.
I've got 128 MB of RAM in there.

Regarding hardware... what's the best way to check if a particular piece
of hardware works under linux?  Sometimes I google.  I recently found
linuxhardware.net but it didn't have much.  Any other resources?

Thanks,
Rob