At 11:05 AM 7/17/03 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to ping Jamie about it b/c I think he has the same exact
>wireless card.  Kbob and I put in an order together on it, and kbob gave
>his to jamie and he supposedly got it working.  So he'd be a good place
>to get tips.
>
>It's a Proxim Rangelan-DS, model 8430.  I've seen people say 8433 and
>8434 work but mine is an older one with a different chipset (I think).
I think thats the same as mine, the difference between the 33, and 34 seems
to be the antenna (The ones I have are the internal antenna w/n-type
connector for external antenna) BTW anyone have a spare n-type connector for
one of these cards!

>The only place I find in google of someone saying it can work in Linux
>is this link:
>http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/RussellSenior
Personal Telco is a really good site, Seatlewireless is another good site.
The guy that runs peronal telco (he's in ashland I think...) does spend time
on #wireless (on openprojects.net irc server) he can probably help... so can
jouni on the hostap mailing list.

>I think we spent $30 or so on it so I'm not totally against buying
>another one that I know works in Linux and using that one for Window's
>only.  Anyone have extra pcmcia cards?  :)
Yeah... seems I paid $35 each for mine (I bought them from bob, so shipping
wasnt an issue for me... he gracefully and politely showed up at my door!)

Jamie